Fresh Halal British Lamb Chump Chop, Prime Cut 1KG
Chump chops are prepared from a boneless leg behind the loin by following its natural seams and then trimmed accordingly. They're the equivalent to a beef rump steak left on the bone and are slightly bigger than cutlets or loin chops.
These are all very tender and will cook quickly. The whole loin, both sides of the Lamb roasted as a piece, is known as a Saddle of Lamb, this is a large joint for 8-10 people. Lamb Chump – This is on the lower back of the animal where the loin meets the leg.
Roast the lamb for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 200°C/gas mark 6 and continue roasting for 15 minutes per 500g. (So a 1kg half-leg of lamb will need 30 minutes, 45 in total)
Baby Lamb Meat
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.