- Produced in the UK
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal chicken sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of halal chicken. All our chicken is bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavorful meat.
500g diced chicken breast – recommended serving size for a family of 4
A staple of Chinese cuisine and a popular favorite in all take away ranks, this honey glazed sesame chicken dish is guaranteed to fulfill your cravings on a lazy weekend night or a week day treat. Our butchers will cut the chicken in perfect bite size chunks ready to be glazed and enjoyed in a matter of minutes.
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
- 10 tbsp plain/all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 500g chicken diced chunks
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot.
- Whilst the oil is heating, place the egg in one shallow bowl and the cornflour in another bowl. Add the flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika to another shallow bowl and mix together.
- Put the chicken in the cornflour, then dip in the egg (make sure all of the chicken is covered in egg wash), and finally put it in the seasoned flour. Add to the pan and cook on a high heat for 6-7 minutes, turning two or three times during cooking, until well browned.
- Remove on a plate.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to the pan, stir and bubble on a high heat until the sauce reduces by about a third (should take 2-3 minutes). Add the chicken back in and toss in the sauce to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve with boiled rice and top with sesame seeds and spring onions.
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Safe packing & Delivery
Fresh produce arrive in perfect condition - All orders are shipped in our reinforced chilled packaging to keep the produce safe up to 72 hours during the transit. Find out more
Local Delivery - We guarantee same-day delivery (Mo-Sa) if an order is placed before 1 pm. Free OFF charge on orders over £45.
See Onlinemeatshop local delivery areas by entering your postcode on the top of the page, or check this page.
Nationwide Shipping - All our orders are shipped within one working day. For next day deliveries, please make sure you place your order before 12PM the previous day. Find out more on this page
- Opens in a new window.