- Produced in the UK
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal chicken sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of halal chicken. All our chicken is bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavourful meat.
1kg chicken drumsticks – recommended serving size for a family of 4
A warm and spicy chicken stew is all we need at times when we want a well balanced and hearty meal at the end of a challenging day. Our chicken drumsticks are guaranteed to shine in this dish and will win over even the pickier of taste buds.
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup water
- 2 potatoes cut into medium pieces
- 1 carrot cut into medium pieces
- 1 large onion cut into medium pieces
- 1 stalk of green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- Sauce :
- 3 Tbsp Korean chili paste
- 2 Tbsp Korean chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar, I used raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- A few sprinkles ground black pepper
- On medium-high heat, boil some water (5 to 6 cups) in a medium sized pot. Once it’s rolling boiling, parboil the chicken for 1 minute. Drain the water.
- In a clean pot, add the chicken, sauce and the water. Boil them over medium-high heat for about 10 mins, covered. Put the chicken in the cornflour, then dip in the egg (make sure all of the chicken is covered in egg wash), and finally put it in the seasoned flour.
- Add to the pan and cook on a high heat for 6-7 minutes, turning two or three times during cooking, until well browned.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and onions and boil for a further 7 mins, covered. Reduce the heat to medium and stir gently to change the position of the chicken and the vegetables. Add the perilla leaves. Simmer for a further 8 mins (or until the chicken and the potatoes are fully cooked), covered.
- Garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot with a bowl of steamed rice.
Chicken Drumstick Without Skin
500g, 1 Kg, 2 Kg, 3 Kg
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.