- Produced in the UK
- Not suitable for cooking from frozen.
Pakistani Paya, Fresh Halal Sheep Feet, Sold as Each
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal beef sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of beef. All our Mutton is sourced from animals bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavourful meat.
1 pieces Mutton feet – recommended serving size for 1 people
A staple of Pakistani cuisine, our cow feet are the main choice of meat for one of nation’s comfort food, Mutton Paya. An all year round recipe, this Paya dish is guaranteed to bring the taste of homeland to your doorstep.
- Mutton Feet
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup onions-grated
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup tomatoes-chopped fine
- 1 green chilli-chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- Wash feet and cut them into 2 pieces.
- Rub rice flour and salt and wash again.
- Place trotters with 2 cups water and salt to taste in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- To make the masala, heat ghee and add cumin.
- When it splutters add onions, ginger and garlic and cook till fat separates.
- Add tomatoes, green chilli, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Cook till fat separates.Add the trotters and stir-fry till well coated with the masala.
- Add the stock of the trotters and more water (depending on how thin you want the gravy).
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve.
Fresh Halal British Sheep Feet, Sold as Each
Sold as Each
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.