Urid dal recipes. Urid dal, also known as urad dal or Ulutham Paruppu, are black lentils that have been split and skinned. Urid dal are also used like a spice to bring a warm and nutty flavour to curries.
Natural source of Protein and high in fibre.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans.
Used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
- Improves Digestion. Urad dal is rich in fibre, both soluble and insoluble, which is known improve our digestion.
- Protects Heart.
- Boosts Energy.
- Improves Bone Health.
- Strengthens Nervous System.
Onlinemeatshop’s Recommended Cooking Tips
- Sort through the beans and remove any stones or other debris.
- Place them in a colander and rinse under cool running water before draining.
- Transfer the beans to a saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute, cover and remove from the heat.
Country of Origin
TRS Asia's Finest Foods Pulses and beans are a natural source of protein, high in fibre and used extensively in Asian cooking, especially by vegetarians. Of the many pulses, some are used whole, others are split and those with the husk removed are called dal. All pulses require soaking
Fresh produce arrive in perfect condition - All orders are shipped in our reinforced chilled packaging to keep the produce safe up to 72 hours during the transit. Find out more
Local Delivery - We guarantee same-day delivery (Mo-Sa) if an order is placed before 1 pm. Free OFF charge on orders over £45.
See Onlinemeatshop local delivery areas by entering your postcode on the top of the page, or check this page.
Nationwide Shipping - All our orders are shipped within one working day. For next day deliveries, please make sure you place your order before 12PM the previous day. Find out more on this page
- Opens in a new window.