Fresh British Halal Tandoori Chicken 1kg -
Hyderabadi chicken biryani
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal chicken sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of halal chicken. All our chicken is bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavourful meat.
1kg chicken briyani pieces cut – recommended serving size for a large family (6)
Our skillfully cut curry chicken pieces are ideal to prepare a delicious and nutritious traditional Hyderabadi chicken biryani. Our chicken meat will elevate and compliment the spices of this renowned dish.
- 8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cm fresh ginger, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1-2 tsp red chili powder
- 1-2 green chilies (optional)
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 kg chicken (with bone) cut into curry pieces
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cardamom pods
- ¾ tsp black cumin seeds (sha jeera)
- 12 black peppercorns
- 4 cups basmati rice
- 4 cloves
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp sugar
MARINATE CHICKEN OR MUTTON:
Place all the ingredients for marination – ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, garam masala, red chili powder, green chilies (if using), coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon juice, yogurt and salt - in a food processor. Process to form a smooth paste.
Rub this paste onto the chicken (or mutton) pieces. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight if time permits.
BIRYANI MASALA POWDER:
Place all the ingredients for the masala powder – cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin and peppercorns – in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Grind it to a coarse powder. Set aside.
Rinse rice under cold running water until water runs clear. Soak in water for 30 minutes.
Boil a large pot of salted water. Add rice, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, star anise and oil. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil again. Lower the heat to medium, and simmer until rice is half cooked. Drain and set aside.
Heat ghee and oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat. Add onions. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for another 1-2 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Set aside. Reserve 2 tbsp of the onions to garnish.
Heat 3 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken (or mutton) and biryani masala powder. Fry, stirring occasionally, for about 5-6 minutes. (If using mutton, cook for 7-8 minutes). Make sure chicken is arranged in one layer. Add the next layer – half of rice, 1 tsp ghee and half of caramelized onion. Scatter over half of chopped coriander leaves. Pour in half of saffron milk. Repeat layer with rest of rice, 1 tsp ghee, and rest of caramelized onions. Scatter over rest of the chopped coriander leaves. Pour in rest of saffron milk.
Cover the casserole with a very tight fitting lid. This is very important as we don’t want steam to escape. To ensure the lid is really tight, Cover the casserole with aluminium foil and then place the lid on top.
Place the casserole on a tawa. Cook biryani over high heat for 5 minutes, then over medium heat for 15 minutes, and finally over low heat for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let it stand for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
Garnish with the reserved caramelized onions, and more chopped coriander leaves if you like. Serve with raita and pappadums.
Origin : Produced in the UK
- 100% Non-stunned Halal
- Free from antibiotics
- Free from growth hormones
Note: The product weight is Approx, as whole chicken with skin, weight is lost once cut.
100% Halal Chicken
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- This product contains raw meat.
- This product will contain bones.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Please contact customer service for moreproduceinformation: Info@Onlinemeatshop.com
- Opens in a new window.