- Produced in the UK
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal chicken sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of halal chicken. All our chicken is bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavourful meat.
1kg chicken wings – recommended serving size for a family of 4
We like to call this dish the elevated fried chicken wings as it’s still one of the most popular dishes across all customers, however with a fiery, delicious twist. We dare say cooking up our fresh chicken wings like this is even better than a take-out!
- 1kg chicken wings
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup potato starch or corn starch
- Some cooking oil for deep frying
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce / ketchup
- 2 Tbsp to 2 1/2 Tbsp Korean chilli paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, place the chicken, rice wine, ginger, salt and black pepper. Combine them well. Then evenly coat the chicken with the starch and set side.
- In a deep saucepan (or frier) add a generous amount of oil and heat it until the oil temperature reaches 175 C (or boiling). Start adding the battered chicken carefully and fry them until they cook (between 3 to 5 mins, depending on the size of chicken). Do not overcrowd the pan. (It might be useful to use a grease splatter screen if you have one. It’s super handy! It minimises oil splatter.)
- Take out the done chicken and place them onto some kitchen paper while frying the remaining chicken pieces. Once the first set of deep frying is completed, quickly scoop out any floating debris from the oil using a skimmer. Then deep fry the chicken again when the oil temperature reaches 175 C (or boiling). Fry them until the batter is golden and crisp. (The second time frying is shorter than the first time, 2 to 3 mins) Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, add in the Korean fried chicken sauce ingredients (listed above). Heat the sauce over low to medium heat and stir well. Once it starts bubbling, remove the pan from the heat
- Place the double fried chicken into a large mixing bowl then pour the fried chicken sauce over the chicken to coat. Mix them lightly and thoroughly. Alternatively, serve the fried chicken and the sauce separately and use the sauce as a dipping sauce.
- Once all the chicken is coated with the sauce, serve it hot immediately. Leftover chicken can be refrigerated for a day or two and eaten cold. But it won’t be as crunchy.
Chicken Prime Joint Wings Skin-Off
500g, 1 Kg, 2 Kg, 3 Kg
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.