Persian chicken shawarma
Origin : Produced in the UK
- 100% Non-stunned Halal
- Free from antibiotics
- Free from growth hormones
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal chicken sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of halal chicken. All our chicken is bred, fed and grown with the highest standards of health and ethics, guaranteeing our customers tender and flavourful meat.
500g boneless chicken thighs strips – recommended serving size for 2 people
Use our juicy, tender boneless chicken thighs to whip out a quick and easy classic middle eastern wrap, the famous chicken shawarma. Suited for all taste buds, you can’t go wrong with a flavorful chicken thigh shawarma.
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, all the spices and lemon juice.
- Add chicken thighs to the bowl and mix so they are coated in the marinade.
- Cover and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray.
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and raise the temperature to 425F.
- Place the cooked chicken thighs on a cutting board and slice them into bits. Return them to the baking sheet and give it a stir.
- Bake in the oven for an additional ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix chopped tomatoes and cucumbers and add some salt, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix yogurt, minced garlic and salt and set it aside.
- Make chicken shawarma wraps by placing chicken shawarma on warm pita and add some tomato and cucumber salad with some yogurt garlic sauce.
100% Halal Chicken
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- This product contains raw meat.
- This product will contain bones.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Please contact customer service for moreproduceinformation: Info@Onlinemeatshop.com
Safe packing & Delivery
Fresh produce arrive in perfect condition - All orders are shipped in our reinforced chilled packaging to keep the produce safe up to 72 hours during the transit. Find out more
Local Delivery - We guarantee same-day delivery (Mo-Sa) if an order is placed before 1 pm. Free OFF charge on orders over £45.
See Onlinemeatshop local delivery areas by entering your postcode on the top of the page, or check this page.
Nationwide Shipping - All our orders are shipped within one working day. For next day deliveries, please make sure you place your order before 12PM the previous day. Find out more on this page
You may also like
- Opens in a new window.