- Produced in the UK
- Not suitable for cooking from frozen.
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal lamb sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of lamb. All our ground lamb is subtracted from animals grown with the highest quality of ethics and life standards.
500g lean ground lamb meat – recommended serving size for a family of 4
A classic middle eastern pilaf dish is anyone’s favourite comfort food, a blend of rice, our flavourful ground lamb and spices, this Persian pilaf will for sure rise on the top of your family’s list.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup (25g) ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (200g) basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) gluten-free vegetable stock, heated
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup (40g) raisins
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 150g grated pumpkin
- Zest of 1 orange
- Toasted flaked almonds, mint leaves & thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and spices, season, then cook, breaking up any lumps with a spoon, for 6-8 minutes until browned. Add honey and stir to coat, then remove lamb with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl. Pour over lemon juice, cover and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until golden. Add rice, stirring to coat, then season. Stir in hot stock, then cover, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine saffron and raisins in a small bowl and soak in 1 tablespoon hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and stir in carrot, pumpkin, orange zest, raisins and saffron plus soaking liquid. Return the lid and remove from heat. Fluff up rice with a fork and stir in the lamb.
- Top pilaf with almonds and mint and serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.
Baby Lamb Meat
500g, 1 Kg, 2 Kg, 3 Kg
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
Fresh produce arrive in perfect condition - All orders are shipped in our reinforced chilled packaging to keep the produce safe up to 72 hours during the transit. Find out more
Local Delivery - We guarantee same-day delivery (Mo-Sa) if an order is placed before 1 pm. Free OFF charge on orders over £45.
See Onlinemeatshop local delivery areas by entering your postcode on the top of the page, or check this page.
Nationwide Shipping - All our orders are shipped within one working day. For next day deliveries, please make sure you place your order before 12PM the previous day. Find out more on this page
- Opens in a new window.