- Produced in the UK
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal beef sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of beef. All our small beef cuts are subtracted from the beef chuck, a primal cut that produces the most succulent and flavouful beef meat.
500g beef cut in stir fry strips – recommended serving size for a family of 4
We provide beef cut in thin strips, ideal for south east Asian dishes such as this delicious spicy Szechuan beef stir fry. It only takes half an hour to put together and is guaranteed to warm you up and entice you with delicious flavors.
- 500g beef strips
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- celery stalks julienned into thin 2 long strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- green onions sliced thinly, on a diagonal, into 1/2 pieces
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 inch of fresh Ginger grated or very finely minced
- 4 Tbps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Add beef into a sealable plastic bag. Add mirin and soy sauce and massage into the meat. Add cornstarch, seal the bag and toss/massage to coat the meat.
- Let meat marinate for about 10 minutes or so.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Slice vegetables and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to wok (or large saute pan) and heat over MED-HIGH heat.
- Add beef to hot pan (just enough to cover the bottom of the and saute about 2-3 minutes. Remove beef to a plate and cook remaining batches.
- Add sliced vegetables to the hot pan and cook about 1-3 minutes (depending on how tender you want them), stirring often.
- Pour in Szechuan sauce and cook about a minute, until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked beef and turn to coat in the sauce.
- Serve with boiled rice.
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.