- Produced in the UK
- Not suitable for cooking from frozen.
At onlinemeatshop we sell fresh halal lamb meat, sourced from our trusty partners all over the UK and Europe, ensuring our customers receive the highest quality of lamb. The quality of the meat is guaranteed by high well fare standards. Our lamb leg cuts are prepared with the bone in, in order to maintain the rich flavour of the meat.
1kg lamb leg – recommended serving size for a family of 4
Our lamb leg cut can be the star of your dinner and evening if you wish to explore an old traditional Tuscan recipe. Transform our lamb leg cut into a rich, flavourful roasted heaven, accompanied by subtle tones of rosemary, garlic and lemon.
For the marinade
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 500g leg of lamb, with leg bone
- 1 lemon, cut into thin rounds
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- On a cutting board, coarsely chop the crushed garlic. Sprinkle with the salt and then finely chop and, using the flat side of the knife, smear the garlic into a coarse paste.
- Add the rosemary and lemon zest and continue chopping and scraping until well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the oil, lemon juice, and pepper to make a thin paste.
- Place the lamb on a large rimmed baking sheet. Using the tip of a small sharp knife, pierce the lamb about 15 times, making slits about 25 mm wide and deep all over the lamb.
- Using a small spoon and your fingertips, fill each slit with some of the rosemary paste. Slather the remaining rosemary paste all over the lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to remove its chill before cooking.
- Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 177°C. Continuefor medium rare, about 1 1/4 hours. During the last 20 minutes of roasting, arrange the lemon slices on top of the lamb.
- Transfer the lamb to a carving board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Set the lemon slices aside.
- Using the leg bone as a handle, carve the lamb by slicing vertically along the roast in the boneless area, then parallel to the bone in the shank section.
- Transfer the slices to a platter and pour the carving juices on top. Garnish with the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices and serve.
Baby Lamb Meat
500g, 1 Kg, 2 Kg, 3 Kg
- Oven cook (from chilled): Oven 45 mins per kilo + 20-30 mins. 190°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 5.
- Remove all packaging.
- Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a roasting tin and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven.
- Remove foil approximately 30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
- All appliances vary, these are guidelines only.
- Check food is piping hot throughout before serving.
- Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the flesh is pierced with a thin skewer.
- If they are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest.
- Not suitable for microwave cooking.
- Keep refrigerated between -2°C and +4°C. Once opened use immediately.
- Do not exceed the use by date.
- Freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month.
- Important: If the food has thawed, do not refreeze.
- Opens in a new window.